Thursday, October 7, 2010

The First Signs of Autumn Glory

Fall came in on a string of warm days and cool nights, conditions just right to let the leaves change in a blaze of color. It’s still far too early to get the full impact of the brocade beauty of an Ozark autumn, but the colors are beginning to show. Right now, the best part of the changing season is the light that comes in long, honeyed rays searching far into woodland or garden depths. Evening is a lingering show of soft colors on the horizon and brilliant highlights on any wondering clouds.

Last week I took the back way to my favorite Starbucks and say clusters of berries glowing rich red in the sunlight. (They look like cherries although I am not sure exactly what they are.) I didn’t have time to stop, but I promised myself I’d come back and take some pictures. Yesterday I did. There proved to be even more photo worthy subjects about than the fruit I first saw. Here are a few of the pictures I took.




As usual, lots of things are going on this upcoming weekend North of the Tunnel. There will be art in Wilson Park (Fayetteville) at the 7th Annual Wilson Park Art Walk: "Saturday, October the 9th, from 9:30 AM ‘till 1:30 PM. Event is sponsored by Fayetteville Parks and Recreation and Artist of Northwest Arkansas. Fayetteville parks and recreation will provide hotdogs to the first 150 people. We will display, demonstrate and sell our fine art. FREE arts and crafts provided by ANA at the children’s tent. Contact: Victor Parkerson 479 449-6442."

Or, do you go for dinner theatre? Try this great fundraiser: "Join Sock Monkey Comedy Improv Troupe and World Garden (Bentonville) Saturday, October 9, 2010, for a fabulous four course dinner and family friendly comedy improv to benefit Inspired Girls Life and Leadership Camp. Tickets are $20 and must be purchased in advance. Contact Cari @ 479-372-3886 or email us at info@sockmonkeyimprov.com for more information."

What ever you do this weekend, enjoy the beauties and bounties of fall!

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking my first Fall walk on Old Main lawn Thursday ... can't wait to share some photos on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete