Thursday, October 21, 2010

On the Way to Work

I hope everyone has enjoyed the recent string of beautiful days and great activities (last weekend was Crafts Fair Weekend). The last couple of days have provided some interesting sights and a few good pictures worth sharing.

Yesterday evening was especially fine with a nearly full moon visible around sunset. I caught it and the Central United Methodist Church spire in the same frame, just. None-the-less it makes a great picture.

 
 When I came to work that morning, I saw one of Dickson Street’s handsome light fixtures against the foliage of a maple tree. I got a good shot of it at the same time I captured the moon and spire.


On my way to work this morning, I stopped on a stretch of road that runs through the woods. There were so many great pictures it is hard to choose which one to share. This one gives you the feeling of the road through the forest though so I chose it.


As I passed the First Presbyterian Church of Rogers, I got a few pictures of their Pumpkin Patch fund raiser for mission efforts in Haiti.




Further down the Interstate, going up the hill to Springdale, I noticed smoke on the road. Now I didn’t get a picture of it, but a trash truck had plume of black smoke coming out of the trash bay. Sure hope the driver got that out without help from the Fire Department!

Across from the post office in Fayetteville, I got this shot of Jack-O-Lanterns on a porch. I can’t help but wonder if they get lit up each evening.


A television crew was doing interviews in front of the post office. It didn’t take long for them to find people willing to appear on TV.


Fayetteville has had lots of comments on the Block Street Improvement project. These workers were discussing it (?) with a bicyclist just across the street from my office.


You just never know what things you will see on a trip to work.

1 comment:

  1. Just gotta keep the eyes open! Thanks for all the fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete