One of my Facebook Friends was lamenting the hot weather earlier in the week. It was too hot to take her brood to the fair on opening day! As she noted, the rest of the week should not present THAT problem, especially the lovely weekend the weather forecasters keep promising us.
I always enjoy fair week as I drive past the park and see the colorful rides on the midway against the sky. And, if I am late enough leaving town, they will be a twinkle with lights. While the exhibits, programs, food, and entertainment events are all part of the show, somehow nothing evokes a fair like the midway all alight and with the smell of popcorn and hot dogs in the air.
The Washington County Fair has been part of our community for a long time, 154 years to be exact. It began in 1857 (with a hiatus during World War II) and continues today in the tradition of excellence it has fostered over the years.
Are you ready for a cone of cotton candy and a ride on the Ferris wheel?
No comments:
Post a Comment