Thursday, December 9, 2010


A Surfeit of Good Things

‘Tis the Season … to be jolly, hurried, exhausted, and exhilarated. Thanksgiving, arguably the least high pressure day of the Holiday Season, has come and gone. My family enjoyed a fine dinner and good conversation. Of course the next day was Black Friday. Some of them slipped away early to get into position for wild times at the mall. 

Personally, I try to avoid going into a shop on the day after Thanksgiving whenever possible. Not everyone is of the same opinion. I was talking to a teller at a big box store recently who loved the rush and bustle of the day so much she would have volunteered to work if she hadn’t been assigned. To each her own!

I am caught up in the events of the season from going to the Lights of the Ozarks with my family to decorating my own front porch with lights. There is shopping, parties, church services, special projects, and presents in need of wrapping. There is much to delight and inspire be it the gentle flicker of the advent candles as week by week we count down the days to Christmas or the simple pleasure of a mug of hot chocolate at a favorite café as I watch the crowds go by.

All the bustle of Christmas makes finding time to blog more challenging. I haven’t forgotten you, and I hope you are enjoying all the excitement of the season. Have fun, and I’ll check in with you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Completely relate, it is challenging to find time to write no matter how much we love it. We need to get together during my work break!

    ReplyDelete