Europe, Here We Come
I have been reminded this week that we are connected to the wide world here in NWA. A friend who is working in Finland is home for a visit. It is great that she is able to fly back when she has the opportunity. Then this morning on KUAF (our local public radio station) I heard a story that connected to her workplace.
This was such a silly story that it immediately caught my attention: Teddy Bear vacations in Lapland. Yes, that’s right. You can send your favorite bear toy to Europe on vacation and get the pictures back to prove what a great time your furry friend had.
I did a Google search for the story, trying to track down the company (Teddy Tours Lapland) offering this service and got 5,000 hits! I ran thought several pages and they were all pertinent. With that much interest, this may well rival that long ago craze, the pet rock.
I wonder if we could offer Beaver Lake tours for rubber duckies? After all, tourism is a major business North of the Tunnel.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment