Monday, May 17, 2010
"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"
English poet Robert Herrick (1597-1674) gave us this floral line. While his poem was not about gardening, it has a ring of truth for everyone who plants. You better get too it when the opportunity is available for the season is always shorter than you think!
This Saturday provided me one of those opportune moments, and I went plant shopping at Westwood Gardens shop in Rogers for the majority of the plants to fill my containers for summer. This local garden center has a wide selection of fine plants as well as garden furniture and fixtures. It is always a treat to browse their isles for a quarter hour just to enjoy the abundance and beauty.
The folks at the shop are always helpful and knowledgeable. They will also let you just roam about if you prefer. I made a circuit through the store then got a cart. My selections took up most of the top basket before I was done.
When I got home, I managed to get most of my plants in their new pots. My niece and her boyfriend dropped in and gave me a hand; thanks Vicente for helping compose that big pot on the front porch. I always appreciate gardening together with family and friends.
When I was looking at Westwood Gardens website, I found a page of related links you might find as interesting as I did. They included this one to the U of A Master Gardener program if you really want to get your hands dirty and your mind filled with gardening lore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bob's interested in the Master Gardener class - so thanks for that link!
ReplyDelete