Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Events for Your Weekend and More


There are lots and lots of activities planned for the next few days. I thought I’d give you a sampling of some that caught my eye as I searched for what was going on in our area. I also want to give you links to some good calendars I found online.

Thursday, April 15

Tax Day – be sure to file that extension if you can’t get your 1040 in the mail (or filed electronically)

Free coffee at Starbucks: Make a Difference – on April 15th, bring a reusable travel mug into your local Starbucks and get a free brewed coffee.


Friday, April 16

E-Waste Roundup – Arvest Ball Park

Old Fashioned Hay Ride, Hotdog Roast and Owl Prowl, Hobbs State Park Conservation Area; Cost: $6 adults, $3 children; For reservations call: 479-789-5000


Saturday, April 17

E-Waste Roundup – Arvest Ball Park

Garden Walk: The Magic of Spring Bulbs, Botanical Garden of the Ozarks , 10:00 am
A View from the Top, Kendrick Fincher Hydration Foundation, 6:30 to 11, Bentonville Plaza, Tickets: $60 single, $100 couple, Featuring Ultra Suede


Calendar Websites

To search for other activities from salsa dancing to opera performance to prescription drug collections, check these websites:


Northwest Arkansas (you can search this site’s calendar by community)



Fayetteville Flyer Calendar Page (this site gives you lots of Dickson Street info.)



TV 40/29 Calendar (covers the region, not just our two county area)



KUAF Radio (this one will let you know about U of A cultural events as well as many others)



I’m always looking for more good sites to add to this list, so let me know if you have know of one or more that qualify!

No comments:

Post a Comment