Thursday, April 8, 2010

A New Computer In the House


Last fall my old laptop finally stopped working. This spring, thanks to a nice refund on my taxes, I decided it was time to replace it. So I spent a month obsessing over what I wanted. Finally, I decided that I needed to just order! So I did and my new Compaq Laptop arrived this week.


It is going to take awhile to get everything I want where I want it. Still, it will be fun getting it set up. New technology is always both a pleasure and a challenge. It is usually worth the effort, but not always. I used to have a PDA. I liked it a lot; still, the little device would sit in my purse until the battery ran down between uses. As much fun as technology can be, if it isn't used, it is just taking up space.


I gave away my PDA, but what to do with all the old electronics sitting around? How about loading them up and taking them to the Northwest Arkansas Electronics Recycling Event being held at Arvest Ball Park April 16th and 17th. And the best part, it is totally free to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment