Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Finding Pleasure in Unexpected Places



It seems that weather is my prime motivator this week. I have spent quite a lot of time dealing with the snowmelt water dripping into my office around the window frame. It is amazing some of the things you come to appreciate, like waterproof trash cans. Our landlord has been moved by this latest flood to make a decision on which roofer to call; there is hope that we won’t have to mop up once the repairs are done. But that time is still some days away and rain is forecast for tonight. My trusty trash cans are back in place on the window sill, for the present any way.


It’s hard to be too discouraged over the vagaries of the weather with spring so obviously at hand. I enjoyed not only my garden flowers this morning, but a patch of delicate blue wildflowers next to the recycle bin when I set out the trash. Rogers has a good curb recycle program as well as a community recycle center that is efficient and easy to use. It always makes me feel as though I am doing something good for myself and others when I recycle. On a fine spring morning, even this mundane task was a pleasure.


What everyday tasks make you feel good?

No comments:

Post a Comment