Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcoming Spring … The Good Life and “Rollin’ with the Flow”



I stopped by a friend’s house on the way out of town Thursday. We watched the evening news where the weatherman told us we could get 3 to 5 inches of snow this weekend. What a way to bring in spring!


Of course, the forecast for next week is that temperatures will reach near 70 so any snow will melt in a hurry, but this equinox storm reminds me that if you are going to live the good life you have to be flexible. You have to take what comes and thrive … or at least survive. You can’t get locked into your plans so deeply that you can’t adjust, otherwise, when something comes out of left field, you can’t deal with it because it wasn’t in your day planner.


We know that is true about the “big stuff,” but it is also important to be flexible about the every day annoyances of life. I was going to post a story yesterday about the spring snowstorm we may have this weekend, but, when I went to the Rogers Library to do so, all the computers were either busy or booked. That put an end to the neat little scenario I had planned for the day. What to do? Go with the flow and wait until I could get to a computer or change my plans for the rest of the day? I chose the first option and enjoyed the other things I had planned for yesterday as well as making room for blogging today. Yes, I had to get out in the rain, but I get to wear my L.L. Bean “Gumshoes” to keep my feet dry, buy a loaf of cheese bread for dinner, and listen to more of John Ringo’s Into the Looking Glass on the car stereo.


Having your plans upset can be frustrating or an invitation to “run with it.” In general, “Rollin’ with the Flow” is a lot more fun.

2 comments:

  1. "Flexibility - it's NOT a four-letter word." ;) good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a great difference between being as limp as a noodle and being able to bend without breaking.

    ReplyDelete