Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Showers and Late Nights



There was a soft spring shower falling yesterday evening as I headed home. The light rain softened the outlines of buildings and provided a muted backdrop to the trees beginning to put fourth flowers and the beds of daffodils, hyacinth and other spring favorites. The area around the U of A was quiet with students gone for Spring Break. There was a sense of peace and promise all around, a gathering of forces that will break out in energy when the students return.


My friends who work at the University are looking forward to tomorrow though. They have a day off! I hope the weather clears and the sun shines for them all, especially Rosa who is celebrating the completion of her Masters in International Development from William Carey International University. She’s worked hard for it and has done very well in this program. I expect great things from her … but not until she’s recuperated from the last 4 plus years!


I have plans for tomorrow, too. My Young Adult group from church is planning a Spring Break party at one of our member’s houses. It will be lots of fun, too much good food, and more games and movies than we can possibly get through. Some of them will no doubt crash for the night, but I plan to go home at a reasonable hour, midnight or maybe 1 a.m., and sleep in my own familiar bed. Age has its privileges after all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ruth Ann - but I would not have made it without YOU dear friend and mentor extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete