A Good Start for March
There are some early harbingers of spring we always look forward too. This morning I saw the first crocuses blooming in my back yard. As I looked out of my kitchen window, I saw their sunny gold cups nestled in the seared grass. This winter has been long. We usually see our first crocus in February and the daffodils in full bloom by the first week in March.
Unlike the old adage about March (in like a lion out like a lamb), this first week of the month has been fairly quiet and increasingly warm. This weekend offers the opportunity for outdoor activities with the temperatures predicted to go into the upper 60’s. One of my friends plans to get in a long training run for the Hogeye Marathon in April. Another is parking cars for the Razorback basketball game with Old Miss. The news anchors on the 10 o’clock news last night were discussing plans to play golf. What are you planning? Let us know in the comment section below.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment