Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stay Ahead of the Curve … Concentrate



Yesterday I was working on a project at the end of the work day. I looked at the clock and saw I had another 10 minutes or so to work on it. The next time I looked it was half past the hour. Oh, my, I didn’t intend to work overtime, but I did. There wasn’t enough time to get a post done to my blog, which was a bad thing, but I guess it means I have a high ability to concentrate – for what ever that is worth on a day I had other plans!


Concentration is, as a rule, a good trait. There are lots of things I wish I could “tune out” on a daily basis, including the alarm some mornings. A long time ago I decided I didn’t like clock alarms very much, so I asked for a clock radio for Christmas and have awoke to the sounds of Morning Edition on KUAF ever since. I find that having something interesting to focus my mind on makes that transition from sleep to waking much easier. Of course coffee helps make the transition complete!


How do you like to transition into your day?

1 comment:

  1. As slowly as possible, with as much snooze as possible! Bob brings me hot packs for my back and my favorite mornings are those when I get to fall back asleep on the nice, warm hot packs for another hour or so :). Needless to say, that's usually the weekend!

    ReplyDelete