What a Tangle … and I Haven’t Even Had Breakfast Yet!
My sheltie, Tipper, barked the moment the meter reader’s pick-up reached the gate at the top of my driveway. I stopped work on untangling the puzzle some night marauding raccoon had made of the bird feeder. I yelled at the dog (who only barked the louder), put up the ladder, greeted the cheery young man checking our electric usage, and got back to refilling my Droll Yankee feeder. Again it was ready for a day’s worth of birds landing to choose between sunflower seed or peanuts and those masked raiders of the evening who will enjoy the challenge of getting every last seed the birds leave behind.
Solving puzzles keeps us all involved with life – human and critter alike. Some of us solve the crossword in the morning paper and some of us have feeders to deal with. What are you puzzling over today?
No comments:
Post a Comment